Saturday, August 8, 2009

Blessed?


I know if you read my bio you are thinking
'blessed with Multiple Sclerosis'? The answer is "YES". Because of this disease I am able to view my life in a way most people only get to when they are at the end of theirs. Let me explain. Because of this disease, I was faced with the query, so what are you going to do? Are you going to sit back and wait for the wheelchair or are you going to do the things you only dreamt about? What is important in life? Money, fame, world peace? The answer that I found was "FAMILY". You don't even have to be related, but your family is the support that only wants the best for you. I am blessed with THE best family for the simple reason they are there for me no matter what!! How many men do you know would step up and do dishes, laundry, and all housework-- FOR A YEAR--and never complain!? After I was diagnosed I asked Jim "Why didn't you yell at me to get off my lazy butt and get to work?" He said "Would it have worked?"My answer was "NO". "Why yell then? I knew you were not yourself. And what good would it do you to complain?" Can you believe the love of this man? And that's AFTER having to help me take a shower each morning because to hold my arms up long enough to wash my hair would completely wipe me out! Now wait a minute-- naked woman in the shower, maybe he's not so pure and angelic as I am thinking!! Just kidding! He truly is my knight in shining armor and thank god that for almost 15 years I am still his princess!!

No comments: