Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gratitude

Have you ever felt so much love in your heart that it overflowed and caused tears of joy?
I have been feeling that way today. I'm not sure if it is because my grandson got to spend the night and we had hours of snuggle time, or if it is just that I am so happy that Gram doesn't have any major heart issues. 
  I am so blessed that I have a home that keeps me warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.
 Better Homes & Gardens is not going to use my home for a photo shoot any time soon and to me, that doesn't really matter.  The best thing is that my house is my home. I am happy to just be here.
Oh, new carpet wouldn't be a bad thing but if I have my family, I can live with the moss green shag!
  In the last couple of weeks, I have caught glimpses of the men that my boys are becoming. I am so proud that they strive to put others first. If this is the only lesson they ever learn from me, I have done my job.
  I am the luckiest woman in the world, because I am married to my best friend.  Jim would move heaven and earth if I asked him to.  I have figured out to be wealthy has nothing to do with money!
As my grandpa would say
" We are so poor we don't have a pot to piss in or the window to throw it out of!"
  My cupboards are full and I couldn't ask for anything more.
So on this snowy, blustery day I hope that your heart is warmed by loving thoughts of family and friends that would be there on your doorstep with one phone call from you.  Keep in mind the people that you might have been taking for granted. Cherish the things that matter. The most important life lesson was taught to me by a friend that is no longer here on earth.

The most important things in life are not 'things'!

No comments: